Coming to the University of Würzburg as a Freemover might be an option for you if your home university and the University of Würzburg do not have a partnership agreement in place or if you want to come to Würzburg for a research project, an Erasmus traineeship or an internship. Unfortunately, Freemover opportunities are not available in medicine, pharmacy and dentistry.
In order to be accepted as a freemover at the University of Würzburg, you must have a higher education entrance qualification in Germany.
If your home university and the University of Würzburg do have a partnership agreement, you can find all relevant information regarding application and admission on this website.
Click here to find out what language requirements you will have to meet to qualify for admission as a Freemover student. If you want to come to Würzburg for a research project, an Erasmus traineeship or an internship, you will have to consult with the competent officials at our Faculties/Institutes regarding language requirements.
If you are interested in coming to the University of Würzburg as a Freemover student, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once we have determined that you meet the applicable language requirements and you are holding a higher education entrance qualification for Germany, you can contact the Faculty/Institute at which you want to study as a Freemover. The Faculty/Institute will then check whether you meet the required criteria and whether there is a place available for you. If it can accept you as a Freemover student, your chosen Faculty/Institute will issue you with an acceptance letter.
You will have to upload that acceptance letter to our application portal along with the other required application documents (listed below). A link that will take you to the application portal will be sent to you after we have determined that you meet the applicable language requirements and you are holding a higher education entrance qualification.
If you want to spend a semester at the University of Würzburg doing an Erasmus traineeship or an internship or working on a research project as a Freemover, the first step you will have to complete is finding a supervisor at the University. Please be aware that we will not be able to help you with your search. Once you have found a supervisor and have received an acceptance letter from him or her, please email us at email@example.com (please do not contact us earlier than this). We will then send you a link that will take you to our registration database.
The link to our registration database will be sent by email.
Deadlines for online registration
- 15 June for winter intake
- 15 January for summer intake
- Please contact us if you are unable to meet this deadline.
- Please register as soon as possible after you receive our email.
You will have to attach the following documents when registering online:
- School-leaving certificate
- An enrolment certificate issued by your home university
- A transcript of records issued by your home university that documents your academic achievements to date
- Proof of your proficiency in the German language (if you are not holding a German language certificate, you can ask one of the German teachers at your home university to issue you with a letter to confirm that you have the required German language skills; template letter)
- Proof of your proficiency in the English language (if you are not holding an English language certificate, you can ask one of the English teachers at your home university to issue you with a letter to confirm that you have the required English language skills; template letter)
- An acceptance letter from your host Faculty/Institute (template for applicants who want to study at the University of Würzburg/template for applicants who want to come to the University of Würzburg for a research project)
- Only Freemover students: A list of the courses you want to take at the University of Würzburg (course selection list; template and more information)
Once we have received your online registration, the team at the International Office Incoming will review the information and documents you have supplied and will then issue you with a letter of admission to the University of Würzburg as an exchange student. We usually start sending out our letters of admission in June (for winter intake) or, respectively, in December (for summer intake). They are sent by email. Along with your letter of admission, you will receive more information about your stay at the University of Würzburg.
Enrolment is carried out via the online portal WueStudy of the University of Würzburg. You will receive all enrolment information with your letter of admission. Please contact the staff or tutors of the International Office Incoming if you need assistance. After enrolment, you will receive your student ID and semester ticket.
Further information on enrolment.
Further information on enrolment.