Focus: There are four different focus courses at the Studienkolleg that prepare students for their courses of study.
- Location: Applicants that want to go to a Studienkolleg apply directly at the university where they wish to study afterwards. From there, they will be enrolled at the respective Studienkolleg (for universities in Bavaria: Munich).
- Duration: The Studienkolleg is divided into two semesters. Both semester have to be completed successfully.
Winter semester at the Studienkolleg
Mid-September – End of January
Summer semester at the Studienkolleg
|Mid-February – End of July|
If you want to apply for the Studienkolleg, please send the following documents completed and on time, with certified copies to the International Office:
- Application for admission form
- Secondary school leaving certificate(s)
- Transcript of records / grades
- Results of university entrance exam in own country, if applicable
- Tertiary school accreditation, if any
- Certificate of sufficient German proficiency (C1)
- Please send your application by mail to this address:
University of Wuerzburg
International Students Office, Referat 1.2
Students who wish to attend the Studienkolleg must first pass the entrance examination.
- Admisson test in German: Applicants for all subjects have to pass the admission test in German. Please find an example of this test here.
- Admission test in mathematics: Applicants for T-course (see below) must sit a test in mathematics as well.
- Dates: Normally, the university entrance examination is offered in September for students applying for the winter semester and in February for students applying for the summer semester.
- Further information will be sent to you with the letter of acceptance
Depending on the degree program you apply for, you will be assigned to one of the courses below.
The Studienkolleg in Munich offers four different courses:
For technical, mathematical and scientific subjects
(for students of Chemistry, Geography, Computer Science, Mathematics, Mineralogy, Physics)
For Medicine, Pharmacy, Biology, Psychology and related subjects
(for students of Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Biology, Psychology, Sport Studies)
For Economics, Business and Social Science subjects
(for students of Business Administration, Economics, Law, Sociology, Economathematics, Business Informatics)
For Humanities, Arts and some Social Science subjects
(for students of German, English, Romance Languages, Slavic Studies, Philosophy, Archaeology, History, History of Art, Education, Politics, Theology etc.)
Once you have received your letter of acceptance, you will also be given up-to-date information about the Studienkolleg in Munich.
The Academic Advising Center informs and advises students concerning general or interdisciplinary questions and problems. For any specific, academic questions about your study program, please contact the departmental student adviser who is responsible for your study program.
In the course catalogue, you can find the courses of all study programs of the University of Würzburg.
If you have any uncertainties about admission, choosing the right degree program for you, or any other questions you may have about your studies, don't hesitate to call or visit the International Students Office (email@example.com; 0931-31-82805).