Applicants from abroad may discover that their certificates, diplomas and qualifications, which would normally entitle them to study in their respective lands of origin, do not grant them direct admission to a university in Germany. Prospective students may be required to first take part in a “Feststellungsprüfung” at a Studienkolleg. For the University of Würzburg the Studienkolleg in Munich is responsible. The successful completion of this exam grants the applicant access to a specified range of subjects at university, in accordance with the type of course/ exam taken at Studienkolleg.
Applicants that want to go to a Studienkolleg apply directly at the university where they wish to study afterwards. In other words, you can apply via the University of Würzburg if you would like to study at the University of Würzburg after successfully completing the Studienkolleg.
The application procedure depends on what you would like to study at the University of Würzburg.
- The application process for the subjects medicine, dentistry and pharmacy is processed by uni-assist e.V. Please directly apply to uni-assist e.V. by providing your application documents including a C1 certificate.
- For all other subjects, For all other subjects, please send your application documents (certified copies) directly to the University of Würzburg:
- Application for admission form
- Secondary school leaving certificate(s)
- Transcript of records / grades
- Results of university entrance exam in own country, if applicable
- Tertiary school accreditation, if any
- certificate of sufficient German proficiency (C1)
The University of Würzburg or uni assist will verify on the basis of your documents whether you meet the formal criteria for attending the Studienkolleg and will forward your documents to the Studienkolleg in Munich. In order to be admitted to the preparatory course at the Studienkolleg, you must also successfully pass the entrance examination. Further information on the entrance examination as well as sample examinations can be found on the page of the Studienkolleg in Munich.
Depending on the degree program you apply for, you will be assigned to one of the courses below.
The Studienkolleg in Munich offers four different courses:
For technical, mathematical and scientific subjects
(for students of Chemistry, Geography, Computer Science, Mathematics, Mineralogy, Physics)
For Medicine, Pharmacy, Biology, Psychology and related subjects
(for students of Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Biology, Psychology, Sport Studies)
For Economics, Business and Social Science subjects
(for students of Business Administration, Economics, Law, Sociology, Economathematics, Business Informatics)
For Humanities, Arts and some Social Science subjects
(for students of German, English, Romance Languages, Slavic Studies, Philosophy, Archaeology, History, History of Art, Education, Politics, Theology etc.)