On this page you will find important information about the documents you have to submit. The information on this page does NOT apply to the fields of medicine, pharmacy and dentistry.
- All documents must be filled out completely and truthfully and only original versions with an original (non-electronic) signature will be accepted;
- An officially-certified copy of all certificates or credentials must be included in the application. Do not submit original copies. The University of Würzburg assumes no liability for unrequested documents submitted with an application;
- If the original was not issued in German, English, French, or Spanish, an officially-certified translation of all certificates in German or English is required; for applications for a Master’s only documents in German or English can be accepted.
- You must include a valid email address where you can be reached reliably and quickly. If the name of the applicant differs from the name on the mailbox, it is imperative that the c/o field on the application form be filled out. If your contact information changes, please inform us promptly at email@example.com.
Only complete applications submitted on time and with the following documents will be considered:
- Application for admission: Please check our website to determine which application form you need or where you have to apply online for your field of study;
- Certificate of general qualification for university entrance (i.e. High School Diploma);
- Certificate of German proficiency (requirements of English proficiency for programmes in English are determined by the respective faculty department)
- If you already studied at an university: University transcript of records or certificate of degree
- If you attended "Studienkolleg": Certificate of successfully completed assessment exam
- Certificate of university entrance exam if you completed one in your home country
- Applicants from China and Vietnam must submit the original certificate from the Academic Evaluation Center (Akademische Prüfstelle - APS). You'll get further information at the the German Embassy in your home country.
You can submit your application by post or in person at the following address:
International Students Office
The International Students Office at the University of Würzburg reviews your application based on the following criteria:
- If you are eligible for direct admission to a university;
- If you are required to attend "Studienkolleg", in order to prepare for the university assessment exam
- If your German proficiency is sufficient/ if you need to take a DSH-Exam (German as a Foreign Language exam)
The International Students Office does NOT give out information about the status of your application before you have received the official notification. We will process your application carefully and as quickly as possible. We thank you for your understanding that inquiries about your application will not be answered before the application deadline has passed (Winter Semester: mid-October; Summer Semester: mid-April). If you have not received your letter of acceptance (by email) by this time, you can presume that your application has unfortunately not been accepted due to your grade point average.
For degrees in German: If you successfully completed the DSH-Exam or Assessment Exam from a Studienkolleg, you can enrol at the University. You will receive further information regarding enrolment with your Letter of Admission.