Deutsch Intern

Resident Permit

Please note:

  1. EU-Citizen do NOT need a resident permit.
  2. The Service Centre InterNational Transfer is not responsible for the issue of a resident permit. Please contact the competent authorities.
  • Students who are not from an EU country need a resident permit.
  • You can apply for the resident permit right after your arrival and it has to be issued in any case before the expiration of your visa.
  • Non-EU-Citizen who have not required a visa to enter the country, need nonetheless a residence permit, if they want to stay longer than 90 days in Germany.
  • The foreigners' Office of your place of residence can issue a residence permit. Make an appointment as soon as possible after your arrival with the Würzburg Immigration Office (Ausländeramt) in the City Hall.
  • If you do not live right in Würzburg town but in Würzburg district, you must contact the district office for your resident permit.
  • You will find further information right here.