The University Board comprises the President, five Vice-Presidents and the Registrar. Responsibilities of the University Board include the day-to-day running of the University as well as defining the principles informing the University's development and the objectives of University policy.
In its capacity as a service provider, the Central Administration helps ensure that university operations run smoothly. Its main responsibilities include matters relating to the budget, human resources, properties, and technological facilities as well as the coordination of matters relating to buildings and construction.
Comprising 10 faculties Julius-Maximilians-Universität (JMU) is big enough to offer a broad and innovative range of subjects, yet not too big to be impersonal.
- Research Units
- Collaborative Research Centres
- Center for Continuing Education (CCE)
- Centre for Innovation in Teaching and Learning
- Centre for Media Didactics
- JMU Research Academy
- Language Centre
- Office of Occupational Health and Safety, Animal Welfare and Environmental Protection
- Professional School of Education (PSE)
- Sports Centre
- Writing Centre