You can do the online enrolment for the winter term 2023/24 starting from 24th of July via online portal for enrolment of the University of Würzburg.
2. Hand in documents
After successfully concluding the online enrolment you have to send the following documents by email to the International Students Office:
- PDF of your Online Enrolment
- Letter of Acceptance / Letter of Admission
- Proof of health insurance (electronically sent by German statutory health insurance company)
- Proof of payment of the semester fee (see below)
- Copy of your passport
As soon as we received and checked your documents we will complete your enrolment and inform you when your student card is ready to be picked up.
With the student card, you can:
- Use all local public transportation in Würzburg. You can find further information about the semester ticket and a plan of the routes for which your ticket is valid on Studentenwerk's website.
- Make cashless payments in the cafeterias and copy and print stations at the University of Würzburg;
- Borrow library items from the university libraries.
There are no study fees at the University of Würzburg.
All students must, however, pay a semester fee of € 156 before they can be enrolled (Break down of the fee: Student Services fee: € 72.00 + semester ticket: € 84)
You can pay this amount before or after your arrival in Würzburg. It is important that you transfer the amount before your enrollment and submit the proof of payment at the International Students Office (see above).
The semester fee can only be paid by bank transfer. Bank transfer details will be included with your Letter of Acceptance.