Will I have to submit paper copies of my application for admission and supporting documents?
If you fall into any of the categories listed below, you will have to submit a printout of your application for admission to us along with paper copies of the documents supporting your application. Please be aware that we must have received those documents before the application deadline has passed, otherwise your application will not be considered. The documents you will have to submit along with your application for admission are listed on the printout.
- All applicants who apply for admission to a subject semester other than the first
- Applicants who apply for preferential admission
Applicants to whom the University of Würzburg offered a place on the degree programme of their choice in the last round of admissions or the round before that but who were unable to accept that place because they were completing a service.
Information sheet preferential admission (available in German only)
Information sheet services (available in German only)
- Applicants who apply for admission to a second degree programme
Applicants who completed their first degree at a higher education institution in Germany before the closing date for applications (15 July for winter intake, 15 January for summer intake). Please be aware that you must have been issued with your degree certificate before the applicable date!
- Applicants who hold a professional qualification that constitutes a higher education entrance qualification
Applicants who do not hold a higher education entrance qualification awarded by an educational institution (e. g. Abitur) but have accumulated several years of work experience or hold a master craftsman’s or comparable diploma (Meister, Fachwirt, Techniker, etc.). Please bear in mind that you must consult with an advisor before you apply for admission.
- Applicants who seek admission under the quota of places reserved for top athletes
Applicants who are members of the squad of a German national sports federation and for this reason cannot reasonably be expected to study in another town or city.
- Applicants who obtained a subject-restricted higher education entrance qualification by studying in a programme at a university of applied sciences
Applicants who have studied at least two semesters in a programme at a university of applied sciences (Fachhochschule) and thus now qualify for admission to a university (Universität). Please be aware that at the time you apply for admission you must demonstrate that you have earned the number of ECTS credits you are expected to have accumulated by the end of your second subject semester as per the examination regulations of your undergraduate programme.
- German nationals who hold a higher education entrance qualification awarded by a non-German institution (includes holders of an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma)
- International applicants who hold a German higher education entrance qualification
- Applicants who claim hardship
- Applicants who apply for reasonable accommodation (improvement of average grade, reduction of required number of waitlisted semesters)
Information sheet improvement of average grade
Information sheet reduction of required number of waitlisted semesters
- Applicants over the age of 54
- Applicants who failed their final attempt to successfully complete an assessment or a component of an assessment in the degree programme of their choice