Deutsch Intern
    Student Affairs


    You may request to be disenrolled from the University, i. e. may withdraw permanently from the University, at any time, but you may also be disenrolled upon the initiative of the University due to reasons governed by Bayerisches Hochschulgesetz (Bavarian Higher Education Act, BayHSchG).

    The process of disenrolment is regulated by Article 94 BayHIG in conjunction with Section 19 Immatrikulationssatzung (Enrolment Regulations) of the University of Würzburg. Listed below are the three most common reasons for disenrolment:

    • Students are disenrolled with effect from the end of the semester in which they pass their final examinations.

    An examination is not considered passed until the competent examination bodies have officially determined that it has been passed. This means that students will not be disenrolled as soon as they have submitted their thesis or taken another examination but rather with effect from the end of the semester in which they passed - and their examiners corrected - their final examinations.

    • Students who failed all permissible attempts at passing an examination or assessment that they are required to pass as per the examination regulations must be disenrolled. Students who are permanently unable to fulfil the requirements for the registration for an examination or assessment due to reasons under their control must also be disenrolled unless they change degree programmes or subjects.
    • Students who fail to pay the fees due upon re-enrolment as well as students who fail to submit a health insurance certificate to demonstrate that they have health insurance coverage must be disenrolled.

    Deadlines and other important information:

    You may request to be disenrolled from the University of Würzburg at any time. Depending on your preference, you can be disenrolled either with effect from the end of a semester or with immediate effect at any time during a semester.

    If you want to disenrol because you are transferring to another university or because you wish to take a break from your studies, we recommend that you disenrol with effect from the end of the current semester to guarantee that you have continuous insurance coverage. You can apply for disenrolment with effect from the end of a winter semester from mid-January onwards and for disenrolment with effect from the end of a summer semester from mid-June onwards. After the beginning of the semester, it is no longer possible to withdraw retroactively at the end of the previous semester.

    If you are underage at the time you request to be disenrolled, please make sure your parents/legal guardians also sign the request. Informations for underage university students and their parents

    After disenrolment, you can still register for another year via WueStudy and print out your disenrolment certificate and a certificate for presentation to Deutsche Rentenversicherung there (for more information, see Printing out Official Documents). Please print out these documents to avoid encountering problems in the future (e. g. when you have to demonstrate the credited pension insurance periods you accumulated during your university studies or if you want to enrol at another university).

    All other services of the University of Würzburg except WueStudy are no longer available to you after disenrolment.
    Please also note the information provided by the Information Technology Centre on the validity period of your JMU account.

    The form you will have to complete is available for download in pdf format:

    Application for disenrolment

    Refund of semester

    Students who request disenrolment after they have re-enrolled to continue their studies in the semester in question can apply for a refund of the semester fees paid for said semester.

    To find out if you are eligible for a refund and download the form you will have to complete, click "refund of semester fees".