This payment option is available only to existing students who want to re-enrol ONLINE to continue their studies in the upcoming semester. If you are a new student enrolling in a programme at the University of Würzburg, please pay your semester fees by bank transfer.
With the re-enrolment for the summer semester 2024, we are switching from the previous SEPA direct debit procedure to SEPA individual direct debit procedure. This will allow you to complete the online re-enrolment process online in just a few steps. After re-enrolment, we will debit the semester fees from your account. You will receive a separate e-mail informing you of the exact date of the direct debit.
The information provided on this page is intended to help you avoid common mistakes that could cause delays in the payment process. When we use the term ‘SEPA direct debit’, we mean the SEPA core direct debit.
This is what you need to know:
- You can only set up a SEPA direct debit arrangement from a (German) current account or an account in a SEPA participating country. Please do NOT indicate any other type of account (savings accounts etc.).
- By authorising us for SEPA direct debit transactions, you confirm that you are the holder of, or an authorised signatory to, the account you indicated. You cannot authorise SEPA transactions debiting accounts held by third parties (e.g. your parents).
- Please make sure that there are sufficient funds in your account to allow payment of the invoiced amount. Your bank will not execute partial payments.
- Please be aware that the payment will fail if the account to be debited was closed or the account holder requests a refund of the payment.
How do I re-enrol via SEPA direct debit? This is how it works:
- Log in to WueStudy with your user name and password.
- You can access the re-enrolment function during the re-enrolment period via the quicklink "Studienservice".
- Here you will be guided step by step through the re-enrolment process. First you give us a SEPA individual direct debit mandate, then you initiate the direct debit payment and finally your re-enrolment.
- Then you can immediately print out your new semester certificates on your PC and go to a validation station with your student ID (chip card) to validate your ID.