- A city among vineyards, one of the warmest places in Bavaria.
- Bike along or swim in the river Main that flows through Würzburg.
- Relax in one of the many cafes or stroll through the Ringpark.
- A city of ease with vibrant and safe neighborhoods, magnificent old buildings, and a great connection to metropolitan cities like Munich and Frankfurt.
- Great variety of ways to spend your leisure time
- Visit one of the 12 theatres, 16 museums and galleries
- Stroll through the Octoberfest-style beer festivals or our exciting city and wine festivals & the traditional German Christmas Market
- Europe’s largest Africa Festival and oldest Mozart Festival.
- Würzburg also hosts hundreds of concerts from classical to modern
Great Location in the middle of Germany
- great connections to metropolitan cities like Munich and Frankfurt & Nürnberg with international Airports
- good infrastructure & moderate cost of living in one of the safest cities in Germany
- No tuition fees
- Only a Semester Contribution of aprox. 165€ per Semester
- Free use of the public transportation in Würzburg with the Semesterticket to also explore the gorgeous surroundings of Würzburg.
- Free theatre visits included in student ID card and free IT-courses at the computer centre (RechenZentrum).
- We guarantee accommodation at the Student Housing Service for all the Exchange students coming to Würzburg with partnership programs (Deadline for the application : 15th of January for the summer semester and 15th of June for the Wintersemester)
There are many ways in which you can meet new peoples:
Interested in Music?
Join the choir or orchestra of the University!
Interesested in Theater/acting?
Join the Studi(o)Bühne (acting in German) or the English Drama Group (acting in English).
Interested in sports activities/classes?
Join the sports and exercise classes offered at the University’s sport facilities Hochschulsport Würzburg (hochschulsport-wuerzburg.de) with a broad range of disciples e.g., Zumba, Yoga, Karate, Swimming for 25€ per Semester (some courses need to be booked extra)
Interested in hanging out with international and german students?
Join the Events organized by Würzburg International Network (WIN) (workshops, parties, excursions etc.) for international students, if you want to hang out with international and german students.
- The International Office - Incoming team supports you already before your arrival (online via our Pre First Steps Seminar) as well as after your arrival in person, via E-Mail and through our Hybridseminars (First Steps).
- We offer our support through: our Orientation events with information about studying and living in Würzburg & our online enrolment workshop.
- A welcome event with a guided city tour organised for our exchange students.
- Different departments offer special courses for exchange students and you can choose courses from other faculties as well.
Student Tutors are here for you!
- The Language center of the University offers free German courses for all the levels for our exchange students. As intensive course for all the Exchange students coming to Würzburg with partnership programs and throughout the semester German courses for all our for all the Exchange students.
- Would you like to practice your foreign language skills and exchange cultural experiences with a native speaker? Then you should join the Face2Face program of the language center. Find out more on their website.