You are looking for an internship or a job in Germany? You have questions regarding your cover letter or CV? We are happy to support you with optimizing your application documents. You are welcome to make an appointment for checking your application portfolio (Bewerbungsmappencheck). We gladly advise you in German or English.
For the personal meeting please bring your first drafts of the application documents. You have no idea how an application should look like? Useful information and tips to be found here.
If you want to prepare yourself for the application process in Germany, for a job interview or to get informationabout your career opportunities, you are invited to arrange an individual and personal meeting for active career planning. Furthermore, you can contact the Career Centre if you are at the beginning of your professional career or if you are considering a professional re-orientation. During the interview with the consultants of the Career Centre you can identify your individual strengths, interests and competences.
Each semester we offer up to 50 seminars and workshops on how to gain and develop occupation-relevant competences.
You can find these speeches, seminars and workshops here.
Seminars that might be interesting for you are:
Important institutions at the University of Würzburg:
- International Office – your contact persons at the University for all questions about studying and staying in Germany
- Studentenwerk – If you have questions concerning legal, social or psychological topics, you get advice from experts here.
- Alumnibüro: Mentoring – Your chance to profit from the experiences of working alumni of JMU and to exchange views/information about career entry.
The following pages are all about studying, application and working in Germany:
- DAAD – German Academic Exchange Service
- Studieren in Deutschland – tips for a successful career start in Germany
- Deutsches Studentenwerk – Detailed information about jobs during and after graduating for international students
- Zentrale Auslands- und Fachvermittlung – English-language brochure dealing with application and working in Germany, including information on contracts and pay
- Make it in Germany – the German government’s portal for qualified professionals from around the world; for those who are interested in moving to Germany
- Alumniportal Deutschland – a global alumni network with the target group of Germany-Alumni; for job advertisements, career information and networking opportunities
- Research in Germany – information platform for international researchers about funding and career opportunities
- Ausländerbehörde der Stadt Würzburg – Responsible department for issuing and extending residence permits for all persons living in Würzburg who are not German citizens.
- Agentur für Arbeit Würzburg – The university team of the Agentur für Arbeit supports you in finding a professional start in Germany after you have successfully completed your studies.