In order to create an open dialogue with advice-seekers, we would like to introduce ourselves. Henceforth, you will find information about the professional foci and competences of our team members on this page. You are most welcome to contact a consultant directly or contact the team via our office e-mail address or telephone number (see box on the right).
- Conceptual development of Career Centre
- Focus on humanities
- Individual career coaching
- Potential analysis and conception of individual competence profile
- Decision support after bachelor’s or master’s (planning, internship, staying abroad, job entry, phD etc.)
- Reflection of job-relevant competences – 21st century skills
- Consulting for drafting a letter of motivation ( for scholarships, master degrees, staying abroad)
- Consulting for job field research
- Applying in English-speaking countries
- Consulting for Virtual Exchange program
- Consulting for new workshops concepts (esp. regional economy, new lecturers)
Click here for a career consulting meeting
Studies of English and German language and literature in Würzburg and Davidson, North Carolina. First examination in LA Gym in the summer of 1994. Dissertation in German Linguistics at the University of Würzburg in 1999 and afterwards student counsellor at the Central Student Advisory Office. Organisation of various major events (e.g. JUMAX university trade fair) in the Chancellor’s office. Since October 2006 she has been involved in the conception and development of the Career Centre.
Her consulting area includes the review of application documents as well as profile analysis and later professional positioning especially for students of the humanities disciplines. Here she supports graduates with information on various occupational fields for humanities scholars and regularly invites suitable experts on this topic or to the lecture series “Perspectives for Humanities Scholars”.
In 2015, she also obtained the university certificate “Writing Consultant” from the Freiburg University of Teacher Education. She consults students on the improvement of individual work and writing strategies, in particular with regard to the type of text letter of motivation for admission to a scholarship, master’s- or foreign study programme.
- Seminar management
- Technical support for webinars and seminars at the Career Centre
- Lecture series "Perspectives for scientists" in the winter semester
- Application portfolio check
- Requests for Career Link
Steffen Eichhorn has been working at the Career Centre since October 2013. Magister studies in German linguistics with minor in business administration at the University of Würzburg. In addition to his studies, he worked for 6 years as a student assistant in IT support at the computer centre and in linguistics. After graduating with a Magister degree in 2012, he was employed at the Chair of German Linguistics as a lecture and scientific assistant at the Lower Franconian Dialect Institute.
In the project ‘DIRECT – Brücke Studium-Wirtschaft’ (2013 – 2015) he was responsible for student acquisition and support and carried out this activity in the follow-up programme ‘Karriere+ - Begleitstudium Corporate Management’ from 2015 to 2017. He is currently responsible for the Career Centre seminar programme, the Career website and the CareerLink job platform.
- Communication, Social Media
- Application portfolio check-up
- Consulting job interviews
- Consulting intiative applications
Click here for an application portfolio check-up
Luisa joined the Career Centre in 2020 and primarily focuses on public relations, talks and application portfolio check-ups.
She majored in educational theory, minored in economics and acquired a master's degree in educational sciences with a focus on adult education. During her internship with the further education department of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce Schweinfurt-Würzburg she gained competences in course and event planning, and took workshops to further educate herself in that field. Furthermore, she gained experience in the analysis of research data, the designing of posters and flyers and the maintenance of websites while she was working as a students assistant at the institute of adult education.
- Individual career consulting and competence profile analysis
- Support in acquisition of digital and intercultural competences (e.g. Virtual Exchange)
- Application portfolio check-up (also in French and English)
- Consulting of international students
click here for an application portfolio check-up
Sabine studied romanistics (B.A. and M.A.), combining French and Italian at the University of Würzburg. She used to work as a student assistant in two mentoring-programs after which she switched to ProfiLehre - a university program for the enhancement of teaching - where she stayed for five years. After her master's degree, she stayed with the Profilehre as a project coordinator. Her responsibilities included the implementation of further education events and the coordination of the respective trainers. Furthermore, she took various courses to consolidate her knowledge of Virtual Exchange, Blende Learning, WueCampus and consulting.
Sabine joined the Career Centre of the University of Würzburg in December 2020 and is responsible for individual career consulting, application portfolio check-ups (German, French and English) and the Virtual Exchange program.
Monday to Thursday
- Evaluation of individual application portfolio in German and English - including tips and support for improvement
- Consulting for drafting letter of motivation and evaluation (for scholarships, master programs, staying abroad etc.)
- Consulting for internships - from choosing the right one to preparation to application to implementaion and follow-up.
click here for an application portfolio check-up