Deutsch Intern
  • [Translate to Englisch:]
  • [Translate to Englisch:]
  • [Translate to Englisch:] Collage vom Campus Camp 2023
  • [Translate to Englisch:] Die Verlinkung auf das Climacamp der Studierendenvertretung in der Woche vom 23. - 27. Oktober 2023
  • [Translate to Englisch:] Campuslichter Winter-Edition am 29.11.23 in der Posthalle. Einlass ist ab 20 Uhr. Eintritt kostet 8€.
student's representation

Information and Advice

Come to our office to receive information and advice on the topics below. You can find us at the canteen building on Hubland campus, 1st floor, room 104.

Public transport pass (Semesterticket)

Click here for more information on your public transport pass. If you have additional questions that are not answered on our website, please do not hesitate to email us.

At universities in Bavaria, we do not have what is called a Verfasste Studierendenschaft, i. e. a legally constituted student government. This is why we are not allowed to conduct negotiations on the Semesterticket on your behalf. Instead, negotiations are conducted by the competent Studierendenwerk.

But of course we are still grateful for any suggestions you may have regarding bus routes, frequencies etc. While we might not be allowed to conduct negotiations on the Semesterticket, what we can do is put your concerns and suggestions forward to WVV, the Würzburg public transport company.

If buses are so crowded that they won't stop to take you on etc., it might be a good idea to contact both us and WVV. Click here for more information on our initiative ‘WVV says they want to get better - let's help them get better’ and the contact number.

Housing database

Click here for more information on our housing database.

On paper

Stop by and pick up

  • the booklet University Sport,
  • calendars of political seminars and further education courses,
  • leaflets on topics such as studying in Würzburg or financial support for students as well as leaflets on issues concerning student parents, student assistants etc.,
  • information on our working groups and related events,
  • timetables of buses no. 10, 14, 34, 114 and 214,
  • and much more.

If we have several copies of a leaflet, you are likely to find these on display in front of our office.

For information on topics in higher education policy, events and everything else that is going on at our University, check out our info pillars in the entrance hall of the canteen on Hubland campus. They are also a good place to start if you are looking for a side job.

Counselling and advice

The responsibilities of student representations usually (i. e. in German federal states other than Bavaria) include offering free and independent (!) counselling services for students (e. g. advice on legal, financial or social issues). Since Bavaria is the only federal state in which universities do not have a Verfasste Studierendenschaft and we thus do not have the resources to do so, we have to resort to other institutions.

Click here for more information.

International student ID card (ISIC)

Come to our office and apply for the only internationally accepted student ID card. Please make sure you bring 

  • your current student ID card,
  • your ID or passport,
  • a passport photo and
  • €15.

The ISIC  is valid for one calendar year.

Language exchange

You would like to spend time with others learning a new language? Or you would like to refresh your existing language skills? Then the language exchange of International Affairs is exactly what you are looking for. Check out the notice board of International Affairs (located in the canteen building on Hubland campus) to see if there is a suitable offer or post an offer of your own.


Whatever your problem, we are happy to help.

The issues you are facing are subject-specific? Then help will be available from the student representation of your Faculty (Fachschaft). If you need help with any other problems, we are the right place to come.

You are having trouble with the University administration, with Studierendenwerk or with the authorities? The city administration is bugging you about moving your principal residence? You are finding it difficult to resolve an issue with the University?

Don't hesitate to get in touch with us. We are always happy to help.