Affordable housing in a central location is highly sought after. We recommend you start searching for a flat or house early on.
- We support your search for a flat or house and provide information on the housing market in Würzburg and the local area.
- Please do not hesitate to contact the Welcome Centre if you have any questions concerning the different suburbs of the city or the villages surrounding Würzburg and transport connections to the university.
- If you encounter any language difficulties in your communication with landlords you can ask the staff of the Welcome Centre for help.
Most rental offers in newspapers and local online portals are published in German even though many landlords speak English. The following glossary may help you to identify matching offers and understand common abbreviations for central amenities:
The rent index provides you with information on the current prices and the most inquired living spaces in Würzburg and the surrounding area.
Here, you can find the current rent index for Würzburg.
If you need to bridge time, the Welcome Center is happy to support your search for accommodation for the first days in Würzburg. The university signed framework agreements with various hotels in the city which offer reduced prices for employees of Julius-Maximilians-Universität. On demand, we can send you a list with hotel names and further information and can reserve a room in a hotel of your choice.
For shorter research stays of up to six months guest researchers can apply for an apartment in the international guesthouse near "Neue Universität", Sanderring.
If you are interested, please contact the Welcome Center or your host institute, which has to fill in a reservation form for you in case there is a vacancy.
You have to keep in mind, though, that the apartments are quite frequently booked out long in advance.
Doctoral students enrolled at the University of Würzburg have the opportunity to apply to various halls of residence or to rent rooms in shared flats (WG).
1. Residence Halls
- St. Bruno Werk eG
- BLLV Studentenwohnheim
- Studentenwohnheim Gerbrunn
- Privates Wohnheim Studentenhaus zwischen Uni und FH
- Wohnheim "Green Living Inn"
- 522 Apartunities
2. Private accommodation
To find a room in a shared apartment, the following websites may be helpful:
Tips and card index system of the student council (come in person!)
Available from: January-March 2021
- 4-room flat, Würzburg - am Kulturspeicher, from 01.01.2021
- 2 room flat in a 3-bed flat-sharing house, Oberdürrbach, from 01.03.2021
Available from: April-June 2021
- 1 room flat, Heidingsfeld, from 01.04.2021
- 4 room flat, Zell am Main, short-term (01.05.2021 - 01.05.2022)
- 3 room flat, Sanderau, from 01.04.2021
- 2 room flat, Frauenland, from 01.04.2021
- furnished detached house, Frauenland, from 01.05.2021 (max. 2 years)
- 2.5 room flat, Waldbüttelbrunn, from 01.06.2021