The formalities that have to be organised prior to your arrival at the Julius-Maximilians-Universität include the following:
- the preparation of important documents
- visa application (also for family members, if applicable)
- insurance matters
- apartment search
- organisation of childcare
Here you will find the detailed Checklist: Formalities before your arrival
Within the first days and weeks after your arrival in Würzburg you will have to take care of:
- registering with the Citizens' Office
- opening a bank account
- taking out health insurance
- signing your employment contract
- registering with the Department for Nationality Issues and Foreigner Affairs to get your work permit or extend your residence permit
- decide on the potential use of benefits offered to civil servants (such as the occupational pension scheme or the job ticket for public transport)
Here you will find the detailed Checklist: Formalities upon your arrival
Before your departure you also have to keep in mind certain steps, such as:
- giving notice of departure at the Citizens' Office
- keeping cancellation periods for your apartment, telephone and internet contracts, job ticket and other subscriptions
- closing your bank account
Here you will find the detailed Checklist: Formalities before departure
When you are new in Germany, it will often take some time to settle bureaucratic matters, take out insurance policies and find your way around Würzburg.
As a first orientation, we would like to provide some assistance with the following guidelines. This does not replace the advice of the respective experts, but is intended to facilitate the introduction to the topic and to inform about regional peculiarities, procedures and contact persons.
Below you can download guidelines for the following topics:
- Working in Germany
- The German Taxation System
- The German Social Insurance System
- The German Pension Insurance System
- The German Health Insurance System
- Doctors and Health
For further questions please do not hesitate to contact us!
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Welcome Centre!