At the Schreibzentrum | Writing Center, you can participate in either of two different modules, each credited with 3 ECTS points for the ASQ pool and the free area for teaching students. Depending on your preferences, you can engage intensively with academic and / or creative writing to develop and expand your skills.
The two modules consist of the same exam: a portfolio of approximately 10-pages in which you document the development of your (scientific or creative) writing skills. Both modules are offered in both English and German.
This module offers you flexibilty — you can either:
- Participate in one of our monthly writing groups, "My Writing Project"
- Attend one of the intensive workshops Term Paper or Writing Process
- Attend three workshops from our program. Attending "The Writing Process: Organizing and Planning Academic Writing" is compulsory; the other two workshops can be chosen freely.
Then write down a 10-page portfolio that is graded "pass or "fail".
Depending on your literary interests and experiences as a writer, you can freely choose an event from our offers for creative writing. These include:
- the semester-accompanying exercise "Literary Writing (Fundamentals)"
- the semester-accompanying exercise "Literary Writing (Advanced)"
- the workshop "Creative Writing"
- Intensive workshops on the topics of "cultural criticism", or "journalistic writing" (not offered every semester).
Then write down a 10-page portfolio that is graded "pass" or "fail".