The Schreibzentrum | Writing Center of the JMU gives students the opportunity to become educators.
Student writers are specially trained to assist their fellow students in the scientific writing process. As advanced students with experience in academic writing, writing tutors offer feedback on outlines and the development of texts through short workshops and in private consultations.
Training as Writing Tutor
Students who are interested in training to be a writing tutor can register via SB@home.
Fr, 20.04.2018, 12:00-16:00 Uhr
Fr, 27.04.2018, 12:00-16:00 Uhr
Fr, 11.05.2018, 12:00-16:00 Uhr
Fr, 18.05.2018, 12:00-16:00 Uhr
Fr, 25.05.2018, 12:00-16:00 Uhr
Do, 20.09.2018, 12:00-16:30 Uhr
Fr, 21.09.2018, 12:00-16:30 Uhr
Mo, 24.09.2018, 12:00-16:30 Uhr
Di, 25.09.2018, 12:00-16:30 Uhr
Contents of the Training
- Introduction to writing didactics, stages of the writing process, purposeful procedures for writing, and writing types
- Technical and interdisciplinary standards
- Offering guidance for reading and excerpting strategies, topic-finding and questioning, quoting and paraphrasing
- Providing useful feedback
- Solutions for overcoming hurdles in the writing process
- Conversation in consultations
Following the training, peer tutors are supervised by the writing instructors from the Schreibzentrum | Writing Center.
Information for Teachers
If you would like to inform yourself as a lecturer about the ways in which you can apply for a course of study, whether you can propose selected students for training as peer tutors, and how this can be funded, please contact Dr. Petra Zaus: