- "Extraterrestrial Intelligence: Academic and Societal Implications", Cambridge Scholars Publishing, contributions Prof. Kayal, 11th March 2022
UAP as New Research Subject, JMU Würzbug, 08 February 2022
- Hyper-SETI - A new Way of searching for extraterrestrial intelligence, Hakan Kayal on the 70. International Astronautical Congress (IAC), Washington, USA, 21-25 October 2019. Copyright ©2019 by the International Astronautical Federation (IAF). All rights reserved.
- Mars Base 2030 (78MB!) Within summer term 2017 project a group of eight students investigated the potential of a manned Martian base, scheduled to the year 2030.
- Moon Base 2030 Within this term project a group of twelve students investigated the potential of a manned lunar base, scheduled to the year 2030 of human return.
- Transient Lunar Phenomena (TLP) Observation In 2014 an engineering internship dealing with the observation of Transient Lunar Phenomena has been accomplished by master student Helge Mohn. It deals with the development of an automatic TLP observation station. TLP can be visible with the naked eye, have been reported since centuries, but are still not entirely understood for the time being.