Self- and Career Competence
Many of the competences that fall into this area of our competency model are important prerequisites for successfully coping with everyday academic life and day-to-day work in a corporate context. However, this not about mastering technical knowledge or applying new research methods, but rather about organising one's daily work, structuring oneself, planning further steps in a well-founded and realistic way, as well as dealing coherently with one's own resources and setting achievable goals within the framework of one's own career development. The services offered by JMU therefore support you in
- identifying personal strenghts and interests and detecting hidden potentials.
- clarifying professional goals and developing concrete steps for the planning of your career.
- preparing for the application process within and outside academia.
- dealing with professional challenges in a conscious, active and creative way.
- implementing an effective time management in your everyday work routine.
- finding a coherent way of dealing with your own resources.
- exploring your professional understanding of roles.