Scientific Publishing - VIRTUAL WORKSHOP
|Datum:||18.02.2021, 09:00 - 19.02.2021, 17:00 Uhr|
|Kategorie:||R1, Wissenschaft, Workshop|
|Ort:||VIRTUAL - AV files & ZOOM sessions|
|Vortragende*r:||Andrew Davis, PhD|
This workshop gives you an overview about the requirements and rules for publishing scientific articles. The following points will be covered in this 2-days workshop:
• Introduction: why publish and when to start
• Choosing a journal, using JANE and other applications, practical exercise
• Using ThinkCheckSubmit
• Your audience, those impact factors, open access
• Practical exercise on Scopus and WoS
• Ethics of Publication; Vancouver rules, coauthors, correspondents, chaperones
• Submitting your MS, covering letters. Rejection – don’t panic!
• Different kinds of rejection: editorial, outright, with serious flaws
• Conditional acceptance, dealing with those referees
• Writing responses to referees, practical exercise
• Accepted!! The final text. Proofs: what to do and what not to do, practical
• Copyright. ‘First online’, preprints & preprint servers
• Publicizing the publication; your colleagues, your boss, your institution, the world
The trainer works at the Institute of Zoology, University of Göttingen. With a PhD in Zoology from University College Cardiff, Wales, UK, he now specializes in biology, ecology and environment. He has extensive experience in teaching post-graduate students in scientific writing & publishing, manuscript preparation, experimental design & statistics.
To attend, please register here.
Note: Registration of GSLS doctoral researchers has priority to non-GSLS participants. Non-GSLS participants pay a service and workshop fee of EUR 50 by bank transfer.