A: Rethinking Basics of Digital and Online Learning (Online)
|Datum:||02.06.2023, 09:00 - 16.06.2023, 13:30 Uhr|
IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL
- gain a basic understanding of didactic design and the impact of digital technologies on teaching,
- reflect learning activities of your own courses and methods for teaching accordingly,
- name and reflect learning objectives of your own teaching and identify appropriate digital tools to achieve these learning objectives.
Teaching with digital tools has become a major part of our everyday lives, especially since the pandemic. However, often the possibilities of teaching design fell short because of a lack of time.
This workshop serves as an introduction into teaching with digital tools. To fully comprehend the scope of methodical and didactical possibilities, you will at first reflect your own teaching in terms of learning objectives and activities. Having identified the main learning goals of your courses, you will then gather a basic understanding of the purposes of widely used digital tools and their didactic potential in accordance with the various phases of teaching and learning. Ideally, every participant will have the chance to test and try out as many tools and activities as possible and reflect on their didactic and methodical usage.
In a follow-up session, we will then examine the results of your individual work and explore the didactic advantages of the tools in question. Together we will find ways to implement your ideas into your future teaching. In order to make full use of this activity, please reserve some time in the self-learning phase in between our meetings.
Course instructor: Sophia Hercher
- Friday, 2 June 2023, from 9 am to 2:30 pm and
- Friday, 16 June 2023, from 9 am to 1:30 pm
- online (Zoom)
- The completion of asynchronous exercises is mandatory for obtaining the certificate of participation. You will receive 11 AE for participating in the online phase of the seminar and 1 AE for the asynchronous exercises.
- Participation fee: 50 € (Form of payment: bank transfer or internal billing. For internal billing, you can ask your chair [JMU only] whether the costs of this further training can be covered.)
- Work units (Arbeitseinheiten): 12 AE in area A
- Availability: There are enough free places available.
- This way to the registration form. Here you can also enter other courses for which you would like to register.