International Leadership - Leading diverse teams in scientific institutions
|Datum:||04.02.2022, 09:00 - 25.02.2022, 12:00 Uhr|
|Kategorie:||Research Academy, R1, R2, R3, R4, Führung|
|Veranstalter:||JMU Research Academy, wissenschaftliche Personalentwicklung|
Leading international/diverse teams in scientific environments deals with many diversity dimensions. The needs of people with different educational backgrounds and faculties, levels of experiences, working styles and cultural backgrounds should be reconciled in order to work together successfully. This online-workshop aims to explore how to lead international/diverse teams into a culture of constructive, appreciative and cooperating teamwork.
This interactive workshop will deal with:
- Perceptions, values and attitudes in diverse teams
- Diversity dimensions and how they are connected to the challenges in science
- Diverse understandings of leadership
- Basics of conflict management
- Team development and team dynamics
- Transfer into your daily scientific work
After this workshop, you will be able...
- ...to reflect on own challenging situations.
- ...to understand, reflect and create your personal role of leadership.
- ...to build strategies to cope with uncertainty and ambiguity in teams
- ...to develop diversity embracing leadership approaches.
- ...to understand team dynamics in diverse teams.
- ...to establish an own diversity sensitive team culture.k
This workshop will take place on the following dates:
- 04.02.2022: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- 11.02.2022: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- 18.02.2022: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- 25.02.2022: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
This event can be credited with 16 units for the JMU Leadership Certificate.