Prof. Dr. Brigitte Burrichter
Campus Hubland Nord
Chair of French and Italian Literary Studies
Department of Modern Philology/Romance Studies
The University Women's Representative is the contact person for all students, scholars and scientists at JMU regarding questions on the topic of equality in academia. She and her deputies are elected for two years by the University Senate on the recommendation of the Conference of Women’s Representatives for a period of two years. The University Women's Representative as well as the Faculty Women's Representatives are active on an honorary basis in addition to their regular duties in research and teaching. Together they form the Conference of Women's Representatives.
The University Women's Representative (UFB) is a voting member in all committees of the University: Senate, Extended University Management, and Commissions. She has an advisory function in the University Council. She is committed to the promotion of young female scientists and pays attention to gender equality in appointment procedures with the aim of increasing the proportion of women at all levels of science - especially at professorships.
The university women's representative advises and supports
- the university management in gender equality issues and in the implementation of the Gender Equality Plan
- female scientists on all qualification levels, from female students to female professors
- in cases of discrimination and sexual harassment
- in case of conflicts at the workplace
The University Women's Representative (UFB) is supported by a team of full-time employees, especially in the following areas:
- Management of the Gender Equality Academy
- Advising and supporting young female scientists on career development with the SCIENTIA-Programme
- Advice and support in applying for and using gender equality funds in DFG research alliances
- Advice on studying with a child and on reconciling science and familiy life
- Arrangement and organization of childcare by the Family Service
- Information and support in cases of sexual harassment
State Conference of Women's and Equal Opportunity Officers at Bavarian Universities (LaKoF Bayern)
In addition to her university duties, Prof. Dr. Burrichter was elected state spokeswoman for LaKoF on 08.07.22. On 01.10.22 she started her term of office of one year. We post all relevant information regularly in the News-Feed.