Senate of the University of Würzburg
The Senate comprises:
- six members representing the University's teaching staff,
- one member representing the University's research assistants and artistic staff,
- one member representing the University's other staff,
- two student representatives,
- the University's Women's Representative.
The members of the University's Board of Governors and the University Clinic's Medical Director attend Senate meetings in an advisory capacity.
List of Senate members: Senators
- decides on legally binding regulations to be issued by the University, unless otherwise stipulated,
- decides on issues of fundamental importance (research, support for young academics, equal opportunities),
- determines research focuses and decides on the creation of collaborative research centres, graduate schools etc.,
- decides on proposals regarding the creation, alteration and discontinuation of degree programmes,
- comments on nominations for professorial appointment made by the University's appointment panels,
- decides, based on Faculty Board resolutions, on nominations for appointment to the position of Honorary Professor,
- decides on the conferral of the titles Honorary Senator, Honorary Citizen or Honorary Member of the University,
- decides on the confirmation of nominations for the appointment of University Council members not directly affiliated with the University,
- participates in other issues insofar as this is stipulated by law or on the basis of a particular Act.