At the very edge of Würzburg's Old Town, opposite the Ringpark, Julius-Maximilians University maintains a Guest House that offers accommodation to Visiting Scholars and Guest Professors.
Downtown Würzburg and all institutions and facilities of the University are either within walking distance or easily accessible by public transportation. Many shops and supermarkets, restaurants, cafés, as well as Stadtmensa, the University Dining Hall, may be found in the immediate vicinity.
The Guest House also commands a spectacular view of some of the major sights of Würzburg, such as Marienburg Castle and Käppele, the Baroque pilgrimage church.
The Guest House comprises 16 one-room and four 2-room apartments, as well as one 3-room studio. They all have their own bathrooms (shower facilities) and kitchen ranges (refrigerator, kitchen sink, and two hotplates), and most of them also have a balcony.
Each apartment is also equipped with telephone connections and has access to the University's computer network.
The rooms are pleasantly and practically furnished, and kitchen ranges come with a complete set of basic utensils (pots, dishes, plates, cutlery).
Fresh bed linen, bath towels, and dish towels are provided every two weeks. A coin-operated washing machine and a dryer are available in the basement.
Effective as of January 1, 2018
- 1-room apartment approx. 28 m2 € 400.00/month, inclusive of utilities (1-person occupancy)
- 1-room apartment approx. 34 m2 € 420.00/month, inclusive of utilities (1-person occupancy)
- 2-room apartment approx. 55 m2 € 640.00/month, inclusive of utilities (maximum occupancy 2 people)
- Third occupant in 2-room apartment (extra bed; children only!) € 110.00/month, inclusive of utilities
- Child aged under six as third occupant: Free
- 3-room apartment approx. 85 m2 € 940.00/month, inclusive of utilities (maximum occupancy: 4 people)
Prices may be subject to change
Gästehaus der Universität Würzburg
Please be advised that reservations may only be made via your host institution (chair, department, institute, etc.) at the University of Würzburg. For the reservation application and important reservation details in English, please go to (Word-Doc, 95 kb) or to (Word-Doc, 91 kb) for the German version.
(Office address: Zwinger 34, Room 103)
Phone: +49 931 31-82052 or 31-82051
Fax: +49 931 31-82000