Deutsch Intern
    Academic Advising Center


    Transferring to Würzburg from another University

    You want to continue in your field of study, but wish to transfer to Würzburg?

    For content information of the various study programs at the University of Würzburg, see "Studienangebot". For information in writing, go to Central Student Advisory Services and/or to the individual institutes, respectively faculties. Most Faculties also have information posted on the Web. Specialized student advisors for individual subjects
    are listed in the course catalog course catalog . There you will also find the names and telephone numbers of teachers and the addresses of the institutes, so that you will quickly have an overview of the classes on offer.

    How to go about a transfer?

    First you will have to find out whether your field of study is restricted for the semester in which you want to transfer. If so, you must apply for a place. If not, you will only have to register. For complete information, see Application and Admission.

    With restricted subjects, the chances of getting a place often are poor. Therefore, you should also inquire about a university place exchange with a Würzburg student. Exchange partners may be found with the exchange system of studentenseite.de.

    After registration , you will have to take care of getting your credits/certificates for individual classes and your examination results recognized. As a rule, successfully completed intermediate exams are recognized at the relevant Examination Office. Individual certificates will be processed at the respective institute.

    Transfer students from abroad

    Transfer students from outside of Germany should also contact the International Office.

    You want to transfer from the University of Würzburg to another university?

    Please find the addresses and office hours for all student advisory services at all German universities here.

    Further Information

    This information for first-semester students may also be of interest to you:

    Student Councils:
    The Student Councils are the annually elected students' representatives of the faculties.

    Information on short-term accommodation, private rentals, and dormitories.