The Award recognises doctoral thesis research of outstanding quality in the fields of:
- Digitalisation with
- a focus on the work of professionals in tax accounting/law/auditing: Digital transformation is one of the driving forces behind growth in the area of (tax) auditing, but it has also radically changed the way in which professionals in that area work.
- a focus on society: the transformation society has undergone and how it affects people.
- Data protection and IT security: The growing use of information technology creates new opportunities, but it also creates new and serious risks. Data protection as well as data and IT security have become key to the success of businesses.
- Cooperatives: current topics in cooperatives.
Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible, your thesis must
- address a problem in one of the fields listed above,
- have been written at an institution in Germany, and
- have been graded and published in the current year or the year prior.
What documents will I have to include in my application?
Please send the Foundation your completed application form as well as the supporting documents listed in the form (e. g. a photocopy of your doctoral certificate and a copy of your thesis).
What happens after my application is received?
Applications will be reviewed by a panel composed of researchers and members of the DATEV-Stiftung Zukunft Foundation. It is planned that the award decision will be announced in late September.
How do I apply?
Please complete the application form (Word or PDF, available in German only) and submit it to the Foundation together with the supporting documents (see application form). You can send your application either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to DATEV-Stiftung Zukunft, Paumgartnerstr. 6-14, 90429 Nürnberg. Applications and supporting documents must have been received by the DATEV-Stiftung Zukunft Foundation by 31 May of each year. Applications received after that deadline may be considered in the following year’s competition, provided that they meet the applicable criteria.