The mentoring of JMU Research Academy and the Alumni office of the university connects you to experienced national and international scientists and executives of industry and society. Potential mentors are chosen from a pool of experienced alumni of JMU and procured according to the needs and demands of potential mentees.
Within a mentoring process you can
- discuss your issues and questions with an experienced sparring partner in a respectful atmosphere.
- profit from the experiences and networks of your mentor.
- get help from your mentor to gain insights into a professional field you are interested in.
- get to know new perspectives.
- At first you register for the mentoring at thealumni portal. To do so, you need a current CV. Besides you are asked to shortly explain your motivation for participating in the mentoring.
- After registration we contact you and resolve additional questions to obtain a comprehensive idea of your goals and wishes. Based on this information we search the alumni data base for a suitable mentor.
- As soon as we have found a suitable match and obtained the approval of the alumnus/alumna, you receive the contact details of your mentor.
- Now it is your turn to get into contact and fix a first appointment. The first conversation is mainly for getting to know each other, identify possible topics and to make sure you are willing to work together. In case the match doesn’t fit, do not hesitate to contact us. We will always find a solution for a different match.
- After having successfully established the contact, the responsibility for the mentoring process is passed to you. We keep being at your disposal if you have any questions and will gladly provide assistance if needed.
You would like to learn more about participating in the monitoring in advance? Please do not hesitate to contact us: