The International Graduate Program "Receptor Dynamics" (funded by the Elite Network Bavaria) offers PhD positions (2018-2022) at the universities of Erlangen and Regensburg.
[Translate to Englisch:]
The Clinical Pharmacy in collaboration with the chair for Drug Delivery and Formulation at the University of Würzburg in Würzburg (Germany) is offering a PhD position as of January 2019.
The successful applicant will work on the characterization of the synthesis process of an already known carbon monoxide releasing molecule and on the characterization of the compound itself using the analytical techniques necessary (e.g. HPLC, LC-MS, GC, ICP‑MS). GLP-like documentation and validation of synthesis and analytical procedures will eventually lead to a well-characterized CO-releasing molecule that is to be used in early in-vivo studies. The successful candidate will also be involved in the planning and implementation of a novel 3D printed device for the oral administration of CO-releasing molecules in the form of a do-it-yourself building kit in cooperation with the SKZ (Süddeutsches Kunstoff-Zentrum).
Please read the full texthere.
[Translate to Englisch:]
The chair for Drug Delivery and Formulation at the University of Würzburg in Würzburg (Germany) is offering a
PhD position: “Elucidating design strategies for the development of next generation bioconjugates”.
This research project is at the interface of polymer chemistry and protein design to explore the structure-function relationship of polymers linked to therapeutic proteins. In cooperation with our partners from FU Berlin and FSU Jena, the successful candidate will explore novel opportunities to optimize long-circulating bioconjugates on the molecular level, thereby contributing to a fast growing field of novel therapeutics with ultimate relevance for translation.
The successful applicant will work in the interdisciplinary environment of the BMBF project “Next PEG”. The selected doctoral researcher will further be embedded within the highly successful structured doctoral training program of the Graduate School Life Sciences (GSLS) Würzburg (http://www.graduateschools.uni-wuerzburg.de/life-sciences/doctoral-researchers/).
- Lühmann, T., Schmidt, M., Leiske, M.N., Spieler, V., Majdanski, T. M., Grube, M., Hartlieb, M., Nischang, I., Schubert, S., Schubert, U. S. and Meinel, L. (2017). Site-specific POxylation of interleukin-4. ACS Biomater. Sci. Eng. 3(3), 304–312.
- Ritzer, J., Lühmann, T., Rode, C., Pein-Hackelbusch, M., Immohr, I., Schedler, U., Thiele, T., Stübinger, S., v. Rechenberg, B., Waser-Althaus, J., Schlottig, F., Merli, M., Dawe, H., Kapiscek, M., Wyrwa, R., Schnabelrauch, M., and Meinel, L. (2017). Diagnosing peri-implant disease using the tongue as a 24/7 detector. Nat. Commun. 8 (1), 264.
- Lühmann, T., Spieler, V., Werner, V., Ludwig M.G., Fiebig J., Mueller, T.D., and Meinel, L. (2016). Interleukin-4 clicked surfaces drive M2 macrophage polarization. ChemBioChem 17(22), 2123–2128.
- Master’s Degree/Diploma/Staatsexamen in pharmacy, chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field
- Basic practical analytical, biochemical and/or biotechnological skills
- Previous experience in recombinant protein expression, protein purification or analytical chromatography
- Strong interest to link experimental outcome with molecular dynamics investigation
- Strong written and spoken English language communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of an international team
- A strong desire to do research, enthusiastic, creative, and highly self-motivated
Equally well-qualified disabled applicants will be given preference.
The Chair for Drug Formulation and Delivery expressly invites women to apply.
Starting date: February 01, 2018
- Initial term 1 year, with the possibility of an extension of additional 2 years
Place of work: Chair of Drug Formulation and Delivery, Institute of Pharmacy and Food Chemistry, Am Hubland, 97074 Würzburg, Germany
Salary: alike TVöD E13 (50%)
Probation period: 6 months
Please send your documents, including a letter of motivation and CV in one pdf-file to: email@example.com
For more details regarding the PhD project, please contact Prof. Dr. Dr. Lorenz Meinel: firstname.lastname@example.org
[Translate to Englisch:]
The University of Würzburg, Institute for Pharmacy and Food Chemistry, offers the following position in Clinical Pharmacy:
PhD-Position (TV-L 13/2)
This research project is at the interface of polymer chemistry and protein design. In cooperation, the successful candidate will explore novel opportunities to optimize long-circulating bioconjugates, thereby contributing to a fast growing field of novel therapeutics with ultimate relevance for translation.
Master’s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy or related disciplines. Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
Applications from severely handicapped persons with basically similar qualifications will be given priority.
Applications are invited until January 15, 2019. Please send your applications as a single pdf file including a letter of motivation, CV, and certificates to: email@example.com.
Applying via email is questionable under data protection law. The sender assumes full responsibility. Severely disabled persons are encouraged to apply and will be given preference in the case of equal suitability.