Goals and Objectives
IFEX is the Interdisciplinary Research Center For EXtraterrestrial Studies of the University of Würzburg, Germany.
The center is dedicated to developing and promoting interdisciplinary aspects of the extraterrestrial studies by means of basic research, development and participation in scientific-technical application projects, as well as in terms of the creation of appropriate training programs.
In addition, IFEX focuses on extraterrestrial research projects in the context of science and technology and their innovative application on Earth and in space.
The work area includes
- exploration of space, objects in our solar system, stars, galaxies, and the universe as a whole,
- search for signs of life,
- search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI),
- research on Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP)
as well as
- the promotion and coordination of subject-specific and, in particular, interdisciplinary cooperations and
- dissemination of extraterrestrial studies.