The DFG is actively committed to equal opportunity and the equality of women and men. In doing so, the DFG pursues two main goals:
- to reach an equal representation of women and men at all career stages of the German academic system and
- to improve the reconciliation of an academic career and family life.
To this end, the DFG grants funds for equal opportunity measures in its coordinated programmes, up to 15.000€ per year for Research Training Groups, Research Units and Priority Programmes and up to 30.000€ for Collaborative Research Centres.
The university's gender consulting service supports applicants and established coordinated programmes in the following areas:
- gender equality concerns in the application process
- implementation of equal opportunity measures
- advice and events for researchers in coordinated programmes
Gender Consulting für Forschungsverbünde
Tel.: 0931 -31 88968
The gender consulting service is a member of the German Network for GenderConsulting in Coordinated Programmes.
Further information on the DFG's work to promote equal opportunity.