This Global Circle will take place from 6 November to 17 November 2023. These are the topics that will be discussed:
Online, interactive media: How does it affect our mental health?
This round focuses on the relationship between online media use and its impact on mental health. Online interactive media can serve as a platform for mental health awareness, provide resources, and foster communities where youth can connect. However, it can also create risks with excessive media use, cyberbullying, social comparison, and exposure to harmful content which can contribute to stress, anxiety, and other mental health issues. The dialogue will explore how various forms of media, such as social media platforms, video games, mobile apps, online sites, and much more can influence user wellbeing. It will also use the experiences of participants in different context to find solutions to create a smarter and more balanced approach to media consumption.
To be awarded credits for the course, you will have to submit two registrations:
- One via Soliya (deadline to sign up: 22 October 2023)
- And one via the Career Centre programme through the WueStudy portal.
- During the first face-to-face session at the Career Centre (October 30, 2023 at 10 a.m. c.t.) you will receive an introduction to the idea behind the Virtual Exchange programme and will learn how to identify your personal skill set.
- The second face-to-face session (November 20, 2023 at 10 a.m. c.t.) will include a feedback round and reflection of your acquired competences. The dates for both meetings will be announced here and on WueCampus.
- In addition to this, the preparation of a competence profile is part of the examination performance. Students can attend various events in our programme for this purpose, including the Open Introductory Course on Potential Analysis, the next meeting of which will happen on:
- 29 August 2023 2:15 pm
The deadline to sign up is 22 October 2023.