This Global Circle will take place from 9 October to 20 October 2023. These are the topics that will be discussed:
Exploring Artificial Intelligence: What it is, who it affects, and what do we change?
AI is described as an abstract concept, but what does it look like around us? This discussion explores artificial intelligence, specifically focusing on economics, education, innovation, social impact, governance, and creativity. We will explore the transformative potential of AI in driving productivity and growth - as well as the risks related to algorithmic bias in decision-making and increased inequalities and digital divides. We will address how the development of AI transmits between global regions and power structures and will delve into the relationship between the Global North and South in developing AI, from its design to its applications. We will also consider how advances in AI have influenced our understanding of what it means to be human - especially in terms of creativity and consciousness.
To be awarded credits for the course, you will have to submit two registrations:
- One via Soliya (deadline to sign up: 24 September 2023)
- And one via the Career Centre programme through the WueStudy portal.
- During the first face-to-face session at the Career Centre (September 29, 2023 at 8 a.m. c.t.) you will receive an introduction to the idea behind the Virtual Exchange programme and will learn how to identify your personal skill set.
- The second face-to-face session (October 23, 2023 at 10 a.m. c.t.) will include a feedback round and reflection of your acquired competences. The dates for both meetings will be announced here and on WueCampus.
- In addition to this, the preparation of a competence profile is part of the examination performance. Students can attend various events in our programme for this purpose, including the Open Introductory Course on Potential Analysis, the next of which will happen on:
- 29 August 2023 2:15 pm
The deadline to sign up is 24 September 2023.