The main mission of the Adolf-Würth-Center for History of Psychology is to collect and preserve the heritage of the development of the science and subject of psychology and to make its findings available to researchers and the interested public all over the world.
The Adolf-Würth-Center for History of Psychology owns:
- a large collection of historical literature
- a collection of historical apparatuses and instruments
- an archive for testing materials
- numerous sound and film documents
- a collection of documents concerning military psychology
- various estates
In addition, the Center manages the archives of the International Union of Psychological Science (IUPsyS) and of the German Psychological Society (DGPs).