Could you please describe your academic/ professional career?
Higher education - Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Silesia in Katowice, Master of Law, June 1979. Doctoral dissertation: “Efficiency and democracy in the structure and operation of Polish local administration”, PhD thesis supervisor Professor Karol Podgórski, Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Silesia in Katowice, June 19, 1985 Habilitation dissertation: “Supervision over territorial self-government”, published by University of Silesia in Katowice in 1993. Habilitation colloquium April 18, 1994 Professor of the University of Silesia - February 1, 1998. Title of professor of legal science - October 31, 2000. From 2002 Head of the Department of Law of Territorial Self-Government at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Silesia in Katowice and Head of Doctoral Studies at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Silesia in Katowice. Member of the Central Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles – terms of office: 2013 – 2016 and 2017 – 2020. He has graduated 18 Ph.D. students. He has reviewed 18 doctoral, 13 postdoctoral and 9 professorial dissertations. Author of more than one hundred fifty academic papers in the area of administrative law. Member of Societas Iuris Publici Europaei (SIPE), an association of European Public Law Scholars, was founded in Frankfurt/M. in April 2003.
- internship at the University of Belgrade - summer semester 1991.
- internship at the University of Würzburg (Germany) with prof. dr. Franz-Ludwig Knemeyera, as part of a grant obtained from the Foundation. Alexander von Humboldt - 1.02.1992. - 31/07/1993.
- International School of European Law at the University of Graz (Austria): July 1994 and July 1997.
- Study stay at the University of Würzburg - July 2000
Do you have any experience regarding a scientific or economic exchange between your home country and countries of the European Union?
The Department of Local Government Law, managed by me, organizes international scientific conferences every year:
- March 10-11, 2016. WAYS OF IMPLEMENTATION OF PUBLIC TASKS with the participation of prof. Dr. M-E. Geis.
- March 9-10, 2017. SOURCES OF LAW in local government, with the participation of the representatives of Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Institut für Staats- und Verwaltungsrecht, Lehrstuhl für Öffentliches Recht.
- March 8-9 2018, ORGANIZATION AND FUNCTIONING OF URBAN AGGLOMERATIONS
I continued to work intensively with many universities in Europe. Examples of this cooperation are:
- Portugal - Lisbon - May 2013, University of Lisbon Nova Seminar "System of public administration and local government in Portugal". Lisbon, 21-25.05.2013. Book publication: "Territorial self-government in Poland and Portugal. Legal and comparative analysis ". ,,Local government in Poland and Portugal. Comparative legal analysis ", Wolters Kluwer Warsaw 2016.
- Germany - Würzburg - June 10, 2015, Juristische Fakultät der Universität Würzburg, seminar witch Prof. Dr. Joachim Suerbaum.
- Germany - Erlangen-Nürnberg – June 11, 2015, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Institut für Staats- und Verwaltungsrecht, Lehrstuhl für Öffentliches Recht, seminar witch Prof. Dr. Max-Emanuel Geis. The result of cooperation with the team of prof. Geisa is a monograph: “Organization and functioning of territorial self-government in Poland and Germany. Comparative legal analysis”. Organization and Funktionsweise der Selbstverwaltung in Polen and in Deutschland. Rechtsvergleichende Analyzse, ed. Joanna Jagoda, C.H.Beck Warsaw 2018.
- Austria – Graz – November 28 – December 1, 2016 seminar at KARL-FRANZENS-UNIVERSITÄT GRAZ, Institut für Öffentliches Recht und Politikwissenschaft, witch Univ.- Prof. Dr Stefan Storr. The result of this cooperation is a monograph: “Supervision of a local government in Poland and Austria” (in print).
Participant of international conventions:
- 12th Congress Societas Iuris Publici Europaei (SIPE) May 2017, Milan, Università degli Studi di Milano
- 13th Congress Societas Iuris Publici Europaei (SIPE) Juli 2018, Hamburg.
- In addition, for 25 years I have been participating in German-Polish colloquies of lawyers of the Administrative.