SCIENTIA International: Mentoring from Women to Women is specifically designed for international female researchers and scientists. This program facilitates the process of social and cultural integration of a foreign researcher into the context of German culture and helps sustain further individual and professional growth. Professional and personal concerns of incoming researchers will be solved through the individual support of a mentor, during workshops and sessions by speakers from different contexts, and by giving practical advice, general assistance, and individualized help through the program coordinators.
Target audience Ph.D. candidates, postdocs, female international researchers and scientists
Duration of the Program 12 months
In order for you to benefit from this program, we expect continued participation in a number of events, e.g., individual consultations, workshops, network meetings, trainings, etc. as well as individual M2M meetings, the meetings between a mentor and a mentee. Offline events will be held depending on the pandemic situation. You will receive a certificate for your successful participation in the mentoring program.
Elements of the Program
- Mentoring: In the matching phase, the program coordinators will support you to find a suitable mentor. The mentoring phase lasts 12 months, during which you have the opportunity to benefit from the experience of your mentor, assimilate into the national context of Germany, and foster your own personal and professional goals.
- Career and Skill Development: Thematically oriented workshops with experts from various fields will tackle mentees’ challenges and will foster workable solutions, e.g.
- Life-in-Germany Challenges: lifestyle, bureaucracy, rules and guidelines, German language knowledge, etc.
- Professional Challenges: project and time management, presentation and networking skills, etc.
- Personal Challenges: visiting government offices, accommodation, personal routes, etc.
- Regular networking events with peers
- Personal meetings with the program coordinators will provide you with workable solutions for individual hurdles
Application and Deadline
Your application for the mentoring program should include the following documents:
- Letter of Motivation (max. 1 page)
- CV (max. 4 pages)
- Application Form
Please email your application (one PDF file) by September 1, 2022 to the program coordinators PD Dr. Nataliia Lazebna (email@example.com) and Sophie Renninger, M.A. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Personal interviews will take place in September 2022. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to receiving your application and meeting you in person!