The core Alumni group participating the European Days at the University consist of the following Alumni - some arrive with their partners at their former University:
Prof. Matjaz Potrc, Philosophy, Slovenia
European Days at the University of Wuerzburg,
9 - 13 of october 2013
Tuesday, October, 8 2013- "Back to Wuerzburg"
Arrival and installation in the booked hotels.
Wednesday, October, 9 2013 - "Knowledge Exchange"
- 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Get together and first discussion, Senatssaal, Neue Universität, Sanderring 2
- 12:30 p.m. Lunch at the Burse, Studentenhaus
- 6.30 Uhr Reception by Lord Mayor of the City of Wuerzburg and Alumnus Georg Rosenthal 7:00 p.m. Official Ceremony, City of Wuerzburg "Wuerzburg feiert 40 Jahre Europapreis", Neubaukirche. Exclusive Invitation of all European Alumni participants
Thursday, October 10, 2013 - Europe - Past and Current
- 11 a.m. - 1:00 p.m To be or not to be European. Is there an European identty?
- 1:30 p.m. Lunch at the Burse, Studentenhaus
- 2:30 - 4:00 p.m. The European Union at the crossroad: achievement, challenges and future perspectives Prof. Dr. Gisela Müller-Brandeck-Bocquet, Political Sciences, Senatssaal, Universität am Sanderring
- 4:15 p.m. Coffee Break with the International Office - Ideas of Cooperation Opportunities
- 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. The Dynamic Process of Intercultural Interaction Intercultural Training with Philo Holland, Cultural Integration Advisor & Management Consultant
Friday, October 11, 2013 Scientific, interdisciplinary exchange and networking
- 9:30 a.m. Visit of former faculties, meeting the Deans of the University" (only for our international alumni)
- 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Participation 50 Years Elysée Treaty - French-German Scientific Summit Venue: Talks and Discussions at the Biozentrum, Hubland-Campus Süd, Lecture Hall A101 9:00-9:20 a.m. Welcome by the University of Wuerzburg Openings Remarks by the Scientific Advisor of the French Embassy or by the French General Consul for Bavaria
- 9:20-10:10 a.m. French-German Synergies in Polar Research, Prof. Dr. Gérard Jugie, CNRS, Banyuls-sur-Mer / Prof. Dr. Jörn Thiede, GEOMAR-Helmholtz Zentrum, Kiel
- 10:10-10:50 a.m. First Light and the Dark Universe, Prof. Dr. Pierre Binetruy, Astroparticule et Cosmologie, Université Paris 7 / Prof. Dr. Karl Mannheim, Astronomie, Universität Wuerzburg 10:50-11:20 a.m. Coffee Break
- 11:20-12:00 a.m. Identification of de novo Mutations in Individuals with Neurodevelopmental Disorders, Dr. Christel Depienne, Guest Scientist, Humangenetik, Universität Wuerzburg / De novo Epimutations: How Adverse Environmental Exposures in Early Life Influence Life-Long Disease Risk, Prof. Dr. Thomas Haaf, Humangenetik, Universität Wuerzburg
- 12:00-12:40 p.m. Molecular Diagnostics of Tumor Cells, Prof. Dr. Werner Franke, Zellbiologie, DKFZ, Heidelberg / Prof. Dr. Marie-Christine Dabauvalle, Elektronenmikroskopie, Universität Wuerzburg
- 12:40-1:40 p.m. Lunch Break
- 1:40-2:20 p.m. Closing the Gap: Nanoscale Imaging of Dynamic Neural Structures by Superresolution Microscopy, Prof. Dr. Valentin Nägerl, Neurosciences, Université Bordeaux 2, Imaging Brain Cell Architecture with Electrons at the Nanoscale, Prof. Dr. Christian Stigloher, Elektronenmikroskopie, Universität Wuerzburg
- 2:20-3:00 p.m. SpaceMaster: Challenge of an European Elite Program in Space Science and Technology, Prof. Dr. Geneviève Soucail, Institut de Recherche en Astrophysique et Planetologie Toulouse / Prof. Dr. Klaus Schilling, Informatik, Universität Wuerzburg
- 3:00-3:30 p.m. Supporting Exchange and Cooperation between France and Bavaria, Centre de Coopération Universitaire Franco-Bavarois / Bayerisch-Französisches Hochschulzentrum, München, N.N. Supporting Exchange and Cooperation between France and Bavaria inside EU Cooperation, Martin Reichel, Bayfor / Bayerische Forschungsallianz, München
- 3:00-3:30 p.m. Patents in Research and Development, Bertrand Gallet, Patent Attorney, Paris, Alumnus of the Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmacy, Universität Wuerzburg. Lecture Hall A102 (next door)
- 7:00 p.m. Evening Event at the Neubaukirche, Alte Universität, Domerschulstraße (city center)
· Welcome Remarks by Prof. Dr. Theodor Berchem and Prof. Dr. Alfred Forchel
· Keynote Lecture: Au-Revoir Kilogram. The change of the metric system as biggest revolution since the french revolution. Prof. Dr. Klaus von Klitzing, Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research, Stuttgart, Nobel Prize Winner and University of Wuerzburg Alumnus.
· Musicians of our Partner University of Caen, Lower Normandy, will beautify the evening.
- A lounge area will be prepared for Networking. A party area with DJ Bobbiknows Friends Forever as cooperation with the International Office will provide dancing possibilities in the Historical Vault Cellar.
Saturday, October 12 2013 - Diversity and Europe
- 10:00 - 12:00 a.m. "Gender equality in the European Union", Interactive Workshop Stephanie Böhm, Trainer with focus on European and Gender Politics, Neubaukirche, HS III
- 12:30 p.m. Lunch in the City, Café Klug
- 1:30 p.m. Feedback, Future Alumni engagement
- 4:00 p.m. "Europe in the Mainfränkisches Museum", Dr. Frauke van der Wall, Mainfränkisches Museum, Wuerzburg
Sunday, October 13 2013 - Best Practise and Goodbye
- 10:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. "Thoughts about the french - german relationship", Prof. Theodor Berchem (President Alumni Association) and Dr. Stephan Geifes (DAAD), Staatlicher Hofkeller, Wuerzburg