Deutsch Intern

    Full Degree Studies

    Important: All given information on this site is valid for asylum seekers only. Please add your application  documents a copy of your proof of residence status.

    If you fulfill all academic requirements you will receive a letter of acceptance wether for German courses at the Zentrum für Sprachen or the DSH examination.

    To graduate from a degree programme at the University of Würzburg, you first need to choose a study program. A list study programs in English can be found here.

    In order to apply for a full degree programem, a higher education entrance qualification (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung HZB) is required. Please make an appointment with us (cf. contacts on the right) to verify your qualifications. Bring all your certificates with you to the International Students Office.

    • Bachelor
      • Bachelor's degree programmes are undergraduate degree programmes. Therefore, students don't need to have attended university courses before to enrol in a Bachelor's programme.  Bachelor’s programmes generally last 6 semesters (3 years).
      • In order to graduate from a Bachelor’s degree programme, a higher education entrance qualification (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung HZB, equivalent to the German “Abitur”) is required.
      • If you wish to obtain a Bachelor degree at the University of Würzburg, it is necessary to pass the DSH examination (German language examination for university entrance DSH2 or DSH3).
    • Master
      • Students who want to enrol in a Master's degree programme must hold an undergraduate degree (Bachelor's degree programme, or one of the German degrees Diplom or Staatsexamen), which usually must have been earned in the same field of studies.
      • Many Master's degree programmes have additional admission requirements, such as an above-average grade in their undergraduate degree, or successfully completing a qualification assessment process.
      • For a Master in German: you need to pass the DSH examination (German language examination for university entrance DSH2 or DSH3).
      • For a Master in English: you need to demonstrate sufficient English proficiency (cf. requirements of the respective study programs).

    Please refer to our website for further information on applications for the full degree programs.


    Department 1: Service Centre International Affairs
    Josef-Martin-Weg 54/2
    Campus Hubland Nord
    97074 Würzburg


    Find Contact

    Hubland Nord, Geb. 54