Study programs and Doctorate Studies
Please note that the application process can vary depending on the program of study. For more information see our application chart.
Notes for Master-Programmes:
- The University of Würzburg offers only CONSECUTIVE Master-programmes. Your knowledge from from a Bachelor-programme/Undergraduate-Programme will be expanded.
- To be admitted to one of our consecutive Master-programmes, you need an above-average Bachelor in the same or a quite similar subject.
- The University of Würzburg checks the equivalence of your Academic Records (describes characteristics, levels, context as well as the degree)/ Diploma Supplement.
- If your degree is not equivalent to the German qualification, you probably have to pass an additional test or an aptitude test or you won't get admitted.
- Once the institute / faculty has evaluated your qualifications, you will receive your letter of acceptance from the International Office.
Academic Advising Center (Studienberatung)
From the very beginning of your studies, the Academic Advising Center provides you competent advice to help you plan and organize course scheduling, combining courses, changing majors, double majors, doctoral studies, and second courses of study. You can drop by during our office hours (even during the semester breaks), call us or send questions per email or postal mail. Contact us.
Ottostr.16, 97070 Würzburg
Departmental student advisers (Fachstudienberatung)
For any specific, academic questions about your study program, please contact the departmental student adviser who is responsible for your study program.
Doctoral programs at the University of Würzburg
There are two possibilities for foreign applicants to take part in a doctoral program at the University of Würzburg:
1. With a faculty
2. With a Graduate School
Please find further information about the application process for a doctoral program here.