Course Schedule and Orientation Events
Studying in Germany requires self-reliance and motivation. Students arrange their own course schedules with the assistance of the Course Catalogue. You can find some video tutorials for using SB@Home here.
Introductory Orientation Events and Bridge Courses
Interdisciplinary Introductory Orientation Events
We advice all first-year students to visit our First Steps Event at the beginning of each term. You can get important information about studying in Würzburg at the events. The First Steps Day for degree students will take place on March, 26 at 1 p.m. Soon there will be provided further information regarding our First Steps event here.
In addition to that, we would like to recommend that you visit the orientation event of the Academic Advicing Center.
Introductory Orientation Events for Separate Subjects
The Orientation Events usually take place during the first semester week. It is very important to attend these courses because they provide all important information about schedules, exams etc.
A list with the orientation events can be found here.
If your subject is NOT on this list, please check your subject's website or contact the Academic Advising Center of your subject (Fachstudienberatung) of your subject.
In these subject-specific Bridge Courses you m
- refresh and increase your knowledge
- acquire new knowledge
- get oriented in your subject and at the University
- meet other students
- Courses for academic research:
- German universities place great value on independent, academic work and research. Courses for academic research, for presentations and moderation, and much more are offered by the Studierwerkstatt.
- Additionally, the KOMPASS-Programm provides writing consultations during weekly office hours, as well as interdisciplinary courses on "academic writing".
- The project "Globale Systeme und interkulturelle Kompetenz" (GSiK) offers diverse and science-based courses for the acquisition of intercultural competence. Foreign students are very welcome!