Courses, registration and Introductory Orientation Event
You can and should choose your courses by yourself and create your own schedule.
To find the right courses you get help from:
- For questions with regard to the content and the schedule
- For questions about a particular course (number of ECTS-points, type of exam, etc.): the particular lecturer or professor.
- For general questions about your course selection: the International Office (Gabriele Sibinger: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Courses in English
You can find English-language courses offered at the University of Würzburg here.
Special Offers by the departements
Some departments offer a special program, office hours etc. for exchange students:
- Adult and Continuing Learning:
- German Philology:
- Business Management and Economics (BWL, VWL):
- Information web page for exchange students
- Courses for exchange students
- Technical language and foreign law
- Pharmacy and food chemistry:
- Würzburg English Language Programme
- Courses for academic research:
- German universities place great value on independent, academic work and research. Courses for academic research, for presentations and moderation, and much more are offered by the Studierwerkstatt.
- Additionally, the KOMPASS-Programm provides writing consultations during weekly office hours, as well as interdisciplinary courses on "academic writing".
- The project "Globale Systeme und interkulturelle Kompetenz" (GSiK) offers diverse and science-based courses for the acquisition of intercultural competence. Foreign students are very welcome!
Introductory Orientation Event
- General orientation event: First Stepsevents of the International Office.
- The subject specific Orientation Events usually take place during the first semester week. It is very important to attend these courses because they provide all important information about schedules, exams etc.
- A list with the subject specific orientation events can be found here.
- If your subject is NOT on this list, please check your subject's website or contact your departmental coordinator.
In these subject-specific Bridge Courses you can:
- refresh and increase your knowledge
- acquire new knowledge
- get oriented in your subject and at the University
- meet other students
Further information about dates and registration for the Bridge Courses.
- Instruction on how to register for courses online
- Online: Online registration is only possible for some courses. The registration is possible if it says "online belegen/ abmelden" under the column "Aktion". To register you need to enter your user ID and password.
- Please note:
- You first have to enroll before you can register for courses. Please read all emails you receive after your enrollment and follow the instructions.
- It is only possible to register for courses, not for exams. If you want to take an exam, please talk to your lecturer before or during the term.
- For courses in the Faculty of Business Management and Economics: If you have registered for a course online and would like to take an exam, please contact the lecturer as well as the coordinator of the Faculty of Business Management and Economics ( email@example.com).
- Registration via lecturer (member of the teaching staff): If you CANNOT register online or if there is an error message after your registration, please contact the lecturer. The lecturer's names can be found under "Zugeordnete Person"(Responsible Instructor) when you click on the course title. Please inform your lecturer that you are an exchange student.
- For some fields of study, you can register for courses at the orientation event (cf. above).
- If you have any further questions concerning the course registration, please contact Gabriele Sibinger (firstname.lastname@example.org).