Tuesday, 14 of June – Back to Würzburg
Arrival of international Alumni, check-in hotels
4 p.m. Organisational introduction
6.30 p.m. Welcome Reception for Alumni (Wine Cellar of the Residenz),
Welcome by Prof. Theodor Berchem (Chairman Alumni Club), Prof. Phuoc Tran-Gia (Vice President of the University of Wuerzburg), Prof. Paul Pauli (Chair Institute of Psychology I, CMH, University of Würzburg), Prof. Jürgen Deckert (Director Department of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, CMH), and Prof. Bilgen Taneli, (Alumnus-Doyen; 50 years Alumnus University of Würzburg)
Wednesday, 15 of June, Institute of Psychology I, (CMH), Marcusstraße 9-11, Hörsaal 119
10.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. Morning Symposium ”What are emotions? Cognitive aspects“
Chair: Prof. Paul Pauli and Prof. Stefan Hofmann
- Prof. Stefan Hofmann, University of Boston, USA: "Emotion in Therapy."
- Dr. Valentina Rossi, Ghent University, Belgium: “The role of emotion in attention deployment and sensory processing”.
- Prof. Francisco Esteves, Mid Sweden University, Sweden: “Attention and emotion: looking for the threat”
- Dr. Marta Andreatta, University of Würzburg: “Appetitive emotional responses: A comparison between relief and reward”
2.30 – 4.30 p.m.
Guided tour through the Institute of Psychology I and the Adolf-Würth Centre for the History of
Psychology (by Prof. Pauli and Prof. Armin Stock)
5 – 7 p.m. Evening Symposium ”What are emotions? Biological aspects“
Chair: Prof. Johannes Hewig, and Prof. Pedro Montoya
- Prof. John Allen, University of Arizona, USA: “Resting EEG moderates Resting State fMRI connectivity in Emotion Networks”
- Prof. Pedro Montoya, University of Balearic Islands: “Emotions and chronic pain”
- Prof. Andrey Anokhin, Washington University School of Medicine, USA: “The biology of individual differences in emotion and emotion regulation”
- Prof. Johannes Hewig, University of Würzburg: "Neural correlates of affective influences on decision-making in the Ultimatum Game"
8 p.m. Informal Alumni exchange
Thursday, 16 of June
Department of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, (CMH), Füchsleinstraße 15
9 – 11 a.m. Morning Symposium “Trauma and emotions”
Chair: Prof. Katharina Domschke, and Prof. Soraya Seedat
- Prof. Alma Dzubur-Kulenovic, University Clinical Center Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzigovina: “PTSD in the Balkans: Epidemiology, therapy and research on molecular mechanisms.”
- Dr. Hauli, Mwanza, Bugando Medical Centre, Tanzania: “Prevalence of Depression among Patients attending at Bugando Medical Centre Psychiatry Clinic and Baylor Colleg Childres’s Hospital; a Case Study of Mwanza
- Prof. Soraya Seedat, Stellenbosch University, South Africa: “Gender Differences in Traumatic Stress: Neurobiological to Treatment Implications”
- Prof. Katharina Domschke, University of Würzburg: “Epigenetics of Anxiety and PTSD”
11.30 a.m. – 1.30 p.m. Morning symposium “Emotions and Brain”
Chair: Prof. Andrea Kübler and Prof. Luciano Stegagno, University of Padova, Italy
- Prof. Daniela Palomba, University of Padova, Italy: "Blood Phobia: when attention requirements meet unbalanced psychophysiological dispositions"
- Dr. Hadas Okon-Singer, University of Haifa, Israel: “Factors Modulating Emotional Reactions: Attention, Personality and Neural Architecture”
- Prof. Alessandro Angrilli, University of Padova, Italy: “Cortical responses to emotional film clips of six different categories: an EEG study”
- Prof. Andrea Kübler, University of Würzburg, tba
1:45 p.m. Lunch
3 – 5 p.m. Afternoon symposium “Emotions and genetics“
Chair: Prof. Dr. Klaus-Peter Lesch and Prof. Jaanus Harro
- Prof. Jaanus Harro, University of Tartu, Estland: "Testing the Affective Neuroscience Model of Panksepp with human functional gene variants."
- Dr. Shinji Ono, University of Nagasaki, Japan: "Genetic projects of our department including panic diosorder, schizophrenia and gender dysphoria."
- Prof. Jie Li, Tianjin Medical University, China: “Anxiety Disorders in China”
- Prof. Klaus-Peter Lesch, University of Würzburg, tba
6 – 7 p.m. Welcome to the CMH advisory board and Alumni
Welcome by Prof. Matthias Frosch, Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Würzburg
Welcome by Prof. Johannes Hewig, Vice Dean of the Faculty of Human Sciences, University of Würzburg
Presentation: Prof. Dr. Jürgen Deckert
“The interdisciplinary Center of Mental Health: People, Topics and Perspectives”
8 p.m. Informal Alumni Exchange
Friday, 17 of June, Department of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, CMH,
CMH Scientific Conference
9 – 9.15 a.m.
Prof. Jürgen Deckert, Dept. of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics, and Psychotherapy, University Hosptial Würzburg: “Welcome and introduction”
9.15 – 9.45 a.m.
Prof. Klaus-Peter Lesch, Dept. of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics, and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Würzburg: “Maturing insight into the genetic architecture of neurodevelopmental disorders: on the path to precision psychiatry”
9.45 – 10 a.m.
Prof. Marcel Romanos, Dept. of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics, and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Würzburg: “Mechanisms of anxious trajectories from childhood to adulthood.”
10 – 10.15 a.m.
Prof. Hermann Faller, Dept. of Medical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Medical Sociology and Rehabilitation Sciences, Würzburg University: “Self-management and quality of life in patients with somatic disorders.”
10.15 – 10.30 a.m.
Prof. Paul Pauli, Dept. of Biological Psychology, Clinical Psychology, and Psychotherapy, Würzburg University: “Anxiety and anxiety context matters.”
10.30 – 11 a.m. Coffee break
11 – 11.15 a.m.
Prof. Katharina Domschke, Dept. of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Würzburg: “(Epi)genetics of Anxiety - Prediction, Prevention and Personalized Therapy”
11.15 – 11.30 a.m.
Prof. Ulrike Lüken, Dept. of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics, and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Würzburg: “Neurobiological markers of treatment response in the anxiety disorders.”
11.30 – 11.45 a.m.
Dr. Olga Rivero Martin, Dept. of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics, and Psychotherapy, University Hosptial Würzburg: “Cadherin-13, a risk gene for ADHD and comorbid disorders: the mouse phenotype.”
11.45 – 12 a.m.
Prof. M. Gamer, Dept. of Biological Psychology, Clinical Psychology, and Psychotherapy, Würzburg University: “Attentional biases in anxiety disorders”
12 – 12.15 a.m.
PD S. Neufang, Dept. of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics, and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Würzburg: “Serotonergic modulation of fronto-striatal pathways.”
12.15 – 12.30 p.m.
Dr. Dr. L. Hommers, Dept. of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics, and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Würzburg: “Common Pathways in Cardiovascular and Neuropsychiatric Disease.”
12.30 – 1.30 p.m. Lunch
1.30 – 3.30 p.m. Poster session
3.30 – 4.00 p.m. Coffee Break
4.30 – 5.30 p.m. Guided tour through the Centre with Prof. Katharina Domschke
6 p.m. Reception
Saturday, 18 of June, Institute of Psychology I, (CMH), Marcusstraße 8-11 Hörsaal 119
9 – 11 a.m. Morning Symposium “Emotions across the life-span“
Chair: Prof. Dr. Marcel Romanos and Prof. Qian Hua, University of Traditional Chinese Medicine,
- Prof. Dr. Giuseppe Pastura, University Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: “ADHD and Emotion”
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Yesim Taneli, Bursa, Uludag University, Turkey: "Migration and Emotion".
- Prof Dr. Edna Grünblatt, University of Zurich, Switzerland: “Biochemical and genetic markers in late life depression- The Vienna Transdanube Aging (VITA)-Study”
- Prof. Marcel Romanos, University of Würzburg, tba
11.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.
Discussion of possible cooperations and initiatives, with information on funding possibilities by
Dr. Dagmar Eberle and Dr. Angela Esgen, both University of Würzburg
12.30 – 1.30 p.m. Lunch
2 – 2.30 p.m. Women in Science, reports of Dr. Sabrina Persico, Medical Doctor, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and Prof. Qian Hua, University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Bejing, China
2.30 – 3 p.m.
Presentation of the Graduate School/International Office of the University of Würzburg,
Dr. Gabriele Blum-Oehler
3 – 5. p.m.
Alumni – Workshop, Evaluation, Feedback, International Mentoring, Alumni Embassadors,
coordinated by Michaela Thiel
5 – 6 p.m.
Visit of the PsyCAVE (Prof. Paul Pauli, on request)
Evening at the Bürgerspital Hofschoppenfest
Sunday, 19 of June, Farewell
9.30 – 11.00 a.m. Guided Tour at the Julius Spital by Rudi Held
11:30 a.m. Contribution to the digital international Alumni book (used as official information about scientific cooperations, etc.)